Sweet Potato Chews
Prep Time: 5min Cook Time: 3+ hours
Sweet potato makes for an excellent nutritious snack for your pup. These treats can range from chews to jerky, depending on how long you cook them. Made with just one simple ingredient, you could eat them too!
- Sweet Potatoes (Preferably Organic)
1. Preheat the oven to 250°F (107°C).
2. Scrub the sweet potatoes under warm water.
3. Cut the sweet potatoes in half, then into 1/4in slices. Place on lined sheet pan.
4. Bake the sweet potato strips for 3 hours. For crunchier treats, bake them longer.
*Allow the strips to cool before storing them in an airtight container.
*Adjust the size of you cuts to accommodate for the size and habits of your dog
Veggie Ice Treats
Prep Time: 2 min Freeze Time: 1.5+ Hours
These testy treats are great especially when it is hot out! For this recipe I used carrots and peas, but you can experiment different fruits and veggies to make something your dog will love! You can chop up strawberries, mangos, blueberries or other dog approved fruits to mix in with coconut water, carrot or other dog approved fruit juice to make your own variety of tasty treats.
- Frozen Peas & Carrots
- Unsalted Chicken Broth
1. Fill you mold about half way with carrots and peas.
2. Pour the broth over, filling each mold to the top
3. Place in the freezer and wait 2 hours or until frozen
*Be sure to check if the fruits, veggies, and liquid base you are using are safe for your pet to consume
Simple Peanut Butter Treats
Prep Time: 8 min Cook Time: 15 min
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F.
2. Mix together your flour, peanut butter & eggs in a large bowl until slightly combined.
3. Add water, approximately one Tbsp at a time, until the mixture becomes dough
4. Roll out your dough & cut out your favorite shapes with some cookie cutters.*
5. Place your treats on baking sheet & cook for about 15 minutes
*If you do not have cookie cutters you can use objects from around the house or simply a knife to make your own fun shape
Thanks for reading!